“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future...but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.” SGB
How does it work?
The Eastern philosophy tells us that all living things have an energy or life force called the Qi (pronounced chi). The Qi flows around your body in channels called meridians which are connected to organs of the body as well as a wider range of functions such as emotional, psychological and spiritual states of being. By placing needles in certain points along these meridians, an acupuncturist can manipulate the Qi to help restore its balance so that it flows freely and smoothly round the body to help maintain and restore health.
Auricular Acupuncture balances this energy. Physically, auricular acupuncture relaxes and reduces stress, decreases pain, increases energy and immunity, and normalizes sleep. Mentally and emotionally it helps you feel clear, alert, calm, and focused.
What is ear acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese method of curing and preventing illness which involves inserting small needles into parts of the body. The theory behind ear acupuncture is that the whole body can be mapped out on the ear so it is possible to treat the whole body just by inserting needles into points in your ears. The NADA (National Acupuncture Detoxification Association) protocol focuses on five acupuncture points in the ear. These five points affect body functions and are concerned with cleansing the body.
Auricular Acupuncture helps:
- stress reduction
- body aches
- sleep disturbances
- provides mental clarity
- decreases anger
- reduces cravings for alcohol and other drugs
- It stimulates the body to heal itself.
Auricular Acupuncture has been shown to help to reduce withdrawal symptoms for people who are using drugs and are trying to stabilize, reduce or stop using. It can help reduce withdrawal symptoms and also to speed up the withdrawal process so that these symptoms last less time.
What to expect
- You will be asked to sign a consent form and you must inform the practitioner if you are pregnant, epileptic, hemophiliac, fitted with a pacemaker or allergic to any metals.
- First, the practitioner will go around the group and insert 3-5 needles into each person’s ear – the needles used are made of stainless steel, are sterile and disposable (they are used only once).
- The needles are very fine so most people hardly feel themgoing inand they should not be painful.
- We ask people not to talk during the session which last 40 minutes but there will be relaxing music playing in the background.
- The practitioner will ask everyone to close their eyes and will sit with the group and take you through a relaxation exercise which lasts for most of the session.
- At the end of the session the practitioner will take out the needles from your ears and ask if you would like seeds (tiny studs) placed on your ear to help continue the effect of the treatment.
Auricular Acupuncture points
- SHEN MEN: Translated as “Spirit Gate”. This point serves to alleviate anxiety by creating a relaxing effect and balancing heart rate.
- SYMPATHETIC: Relates to the emotional nervous system. This point helps to alleviate stress, diseases of the digestive system and aids the respiratory system.
- LUNGS: Organ most abused by inhalants such as marijuana, cigarettes, etc. This point helps with breathing and balancing the life force.
- LIVER: Responsible for detoxification and blood purification. This point helps with anger and overall confidence.
- KIDNEY: Cleanses damage caused by drug and alcohol abuse. This point calms fears and removes insecurities and strengthens the nervous system.
3 points: $35.00
5 points: $50.00